Sunday, May 4, 2008

"(Celebrity X) isn't hot? I'd like to see how good you look (or what hottie you're banging)!"

We've had many threads in P&G where people discuss how hot or not certain celebrities look. How good someone looks is subjective, but sometimes when a poster says a celebrity isn't hot, another poster who thinks that celebrity is hot will play the card of "I'd like to see how good you look!", or "I'd like to see how good your significant other looks!"

Playing this card is like saying, "You say Eric Gagné wasn't good when he was with the Red Sox? I'd like to see how you'd do out there!"* Celebrities have different standards. Just because a poster doesn't think a celebrity looks good doesn't mean the poster wouldn't bang the celebrity if both the poster and the celebrity were available and the celebrity wanted to bang the poster.

*I wish I could take credit for creating this counterargument, but I can't. I saw a SoSHer use this counterargument once in P&G using a different Red Sox player, but I don't remember which SoSHer originally said it. Otherwise I'd give that SoSHer the credit.

Note for V&N (added during the '08 election race): This also applies when someone compares how smart a poster is to a political candidate.

1 comment:

absintheofmalaise said...

It was probably Jneen, but she can't comment here to take credit.